Do you know the difference between self-esteem and self-respect?
Self esteem is usually described as the value the ‘world’ (and you) places on your strengths that are connected to outer achievements and talents. These qualities are often able to be measured.
Self-respect, on the other hand, is based on your inner recognition and self-acceptance of who you know yourself to be. Self-respect is the value that you place upon yourself as a soul whose innate qualities consist of nothing less than: love, peace, happiness, bliss, and wisdom. These virtues are often incognito and unmeasurable.
Often today, in the struggle for outward recognition, these divine virtues may not be truly known or fully experienced by you in your everyday awareness for this is the deeper, invisible side of who you truly are. The qualities within are incognito, just waiting for a chance to show themselves and to be known and appreciated by you. They exist, but they may be “merged”, awaiting your attention to emerge!
Which of these innate, incognito qualities best exemplifies you? Which have you focused upon honing lifetime after lifetime, making them into your present ‘speciality’
Choose one of the affirmations to EMERGE and empower an original virtue of you, the soul:
- Love – My love is a gift to every soul, given freely without expectation
- Generosity – I am overflowing, easily contributing
- Humility – I bask in self-respect without seeking external attention/praise
- Peace – I sink into inner silence, as I unwind the flow of my mind
- Detachment – I love without clinging, I’m involved, not dependent
- Contentment – My needs are always fulfilled, as surely as the sun rises
- Kindness – I see, I understand, never imposing, always supportive
- Happiness – The joy of being alive flows through my being
- Simplicity/Uncomplicated – I see the essence; I stay real and keep life simple
- Lightness – I am free from thoughts of the past-life is a wonderful game
- Courageous – Having seen the truth, I know what I must do; I am undaunted
Bring your chosen virtue into focus for the next week by spending at least 10 minutes a day, experiencing yourself as a beautiful being of light, filled with the quality you have chosen.
Start where it feels most real.
Build up to two or three times a day, meditating on your special virtue
Journal about the experiences, images, and feelings you have during these meditations and also about the magic and/or the tests that show up in the rest of your day that shows you that you are deepening your impact upon your world by “being awareof who you truly are“. Awareness of your own truth is everything!
Share your experiences to uplift others.
Encourage them to explore their specialness!
We are all special … most of us have just forgotten.
It is time to return to the awareness of who you truly are!!!