Ask yourself what truly gives me peace? What am I insisting needs to get done before I can be at peace? What helps me to “be still”? Your eternal nature is free and peaceful. Your eternal nature is free from fears, free from doubts, free from pain, and free from suffering. To fly away, to be unlimited, and to be in peace are all deep soul memories which create a deep, yet subtle, longing.
Buried within us, lies the truth that we are much more than bodies. We are all experiencing an identity crisis, without knowing it! Most of us have been under the deep impression that I am this body and I have a soul. In actuality, I am the eternal being who has taken a body, in order to play a part on the stage of life. I temporarily reside inside this body; however I am an unlimited soul-playing a limited role. I must remember the costume (body) is not me…it is a temporary outer garment that will soon be exchanged for another. This is why trying to derive total fulfillment or contentment through the senses of the body is not possible. It is always temporary and does not feed the inner resources of the soul, which can become dry from lack of attention and awareness to the true self.
- Ask yourself, what do I yearn to be free from?
Worthy sages, poets, and healers, all endeavor to guide humanity’s focus towards the inner treasure of our true identity.
In the 18th century, the poet, William Wordsworth mused upon these sentiments in his classic poem:
The World is Too Much with Us
we are beings~
“trailing clouds of glory… blinded by the distractions of the material world.”
This distraction of the material world is even more so now: Don’t look to the world to fulfill the longing of the soul.
Listen to yourself – the answers do lie within.
- Give yourself time to Go Deep Into the Silence that is You.
- Speak kindly to the you that is emerging… the You that is waking from a deep and troubled sleep, a kind of amnesia, a forgetting!
- As a spiritual being, I require spiritual sustenance…the kind received through spiritual truths that restore my self-knowledge as a vital, loving, wise, and powerful soul. To receive that means I must be in touch with my spiritual nature…my spiritual home and my spiritual source.
- Spiritually detox. Begin by burning up all false beliefs that taught you the Highest on High is not a loving Benefactor, discard any teaching that says that One judges and a punishes. Free yourself from the lies and misconceptions that do not serve you in any way.
- Purge the beliefs injected into you from your childhood that tell you that this One gets angry with you.
- Remember: healing your “religious past” ensures that your “spiritual future” will be positive and bring you in closer loving communion with the Most Loving Force in our universe.
- Find a spiritual practice that eases your heart of all guilt, hatred, and fear: a path with Heart that will allow the flow of more kindness, peace, love, and honesty to flow in, from, and around you.
- Commit to a path that supports you, and allows you to experience the true nature of God.
- Claim as your own, the kind of relationship/s you would love to have with this One.
- Having made your claim, ask to be guided towards its complete fulfillment.
- Know this is your birthright.
- Begin a thorough “detoxing” of all ancient, spiritual skeletons left unhealed, in your “closet” of forgotten burdens and recurring memories. Without doing this spiritual detox, you will feel bound by subtle forces that make it hard to move forward and to melt into love, contentment, peace, and acceptance. (p.s. I share a wonderful practice that can be used to help you get free from negative memories.)
- Clean out, open up, and receive comfort and support from the One who has never stopped loving you!
- Consciously and/or unconsciously, if your strongest perceptions of the Beloved are of fear and judgement, you will tend to be that way with yourself! (I was definitely “there” for a looong time~OUCH!)
- And the way you are with yourself is essentially how you are with others, and how others “see” you and treat you.
- Your relationship with the One is so unique and the most intimate mirror you have. Take the time to clean this mirror of other peoples’ fingerprints, of the greasy smudges of old perceptions.
- The reflection that shines through will astound and uplift you.
It’s a joy to teach this simple method of meditation which assists in developing clarity and deep connection.
I teach free classes on: “The Art of Stillness”
also called: “Living as an Eternal Being instead of as a Temporary Human Being”.
My email is: email@example.com
I can be reached directly @ 808-639-9436.
Remember You are a Beautiful Soul.
Your Life is a Journey of Remembering and Forgetting THIS!
NOW IS THE TIME TO REMEMBER!
4 thoughts on “Get a Jump Start on Living as a Soul!”
Reblogged this on Shivalaya and commented:
rewritten for your benefit~~~