A spiritual journey often begins with the question:’Who am I?’
Focusing on our eternal nature with self-reflection and self-respect brings into awareness the unfoldment of the answer to Who am I.
Giving respect to your true Self, instead of demanding or expecting respect for your ego from others has great benefits. As your self-respect increases, the soul becomes humble and fulfilled. Eliminating negative and useless thoughts about myself and others is easier when focused on the elevated awareness of the Self as a being of light.. This kind of self respect dispels consciousness of the self as a limited, temporary body governed by an ego and our true nature of peace, love, and joy can be expressed.
Being in self-respect brings respect from others easily and continually. This is the opposite of arrogance; this has to do with acknowledging the True Self and our true qualities.
Renouncing the desires of I, me, and mine cools the ego down. Work on the ego allows one to experience progress in meditation and other spiritual work.
Self-respect is the foundation of the state of soul-consciousness. Each and every thought of respect about our true and eternal nature creates energy, while wasteful thoughts about myself and others reduces my power and vitality.
Start this process of respect for your eternal nature by creating a list of respectful thoughts or ‘titles’ you have for your soul. Such thoughts will build inner stability to face adverse situations. They will keep you in a good stage of soul-consciousness and in the company of the Highest on High who wishes only the best for you.
Here is a starter list to get you moving in the right direction.
- I am a great soul. It is true that I’m great. Feel it and accept it with deep realization.
- I am a destroyer of obstacles for myself and others. My Divine Parent is always with me. I am under the Canopy of Protection.
- My original and eternal state is of sovereignty of the soul over the mind and body.
- I am a pure soul and so is everyone else originally and eternally a pure soul.
- My true nature is of peace. When I am connected to peace, I give peace to all souls through the freedom of my mind.
- On the basis of self-respect, I charge up the atmosphere around me, including my home, my meditation area, and wherever I am present in the world.
- I am a powerful soul, unlimited and blissful.
- Expressing love without conditions and expectations is a natural joy for the soul.
- I am a beloved child of God.
Give yourself the gift of Self-Respect every day. It is especially powerful, during the first ten minutes of your day to reflect on one of these points. This practice can be repeated for the last ten minutes of your day before sleeping, as well. These times of the day, your subconscious is most available and will take in your positive thoughts. Also imbibe a powerful point of self-respect while eating and drinking. Work this practice into the things you do everyday for the sustenance of your body. You will be also sustaining the energy of your soul.
You are a blessed soul. Blessed by this spiritual knowledge, blessed by the Divine Director of this play, and blessed by every positive thought you choose.
Choose well, live well, and progress.